Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Artist Statement*

I have been inspired to become an artist by the things that have surrounded me throughout my life. I never had an assignment in high school that pined me down so that i couldn't do what I wanted. I have always had very good art teachers, and they always made art fun. After learning different medias, and understanding what it takes to make a work of art, us students could make whatever art we wanted. I learned allot about art and why we have art in this world. I learned allot about some artists too, I used to think art was something anyone could do, which, really anyone could do, but it's not so simple. I have allot more respect for it now that I understand it better. I want to become an Art teacher so I can teach kids how to understand art and have fun too. Art can change our world. We can learn about art, why it's so valuable, and hopefully carry it on to the generations ahead.
Im so curious to see what I can do to help children learn about art. Let them figure out and guide them, to knowing why art is art. It can be very complicated, and I have millions of ideas to get them all started in loving art and haveing an appreciation for it. I want them to want to do art, and want to see art to figure out what the artist was thinking. I want to put art in their mind so that during their life time, they can respect it. I believe that I can show someone the path to respecting art.

1 comment: